The beginning of winter is still a month and a half away, but I think I see it creeping in every day. A few people I've spoken to are surprised that we haven't seen any snow yet (last Halloween there was a nor'easter) but it looks like we may be getting some tonight! Barely anything according to the weather channel, but it's enough to have me excited. The average for New Hampshire in November is 1.9 inches, and the month is only beginning.
Over the past few weeks I've been working to get myself prepared for the cold & snow. Some of the essentials I've chosen are: boots, a jacket, good tea and cider, and some warm winter recipes.
1) Columbia Bugaboo Interchangable Jacket. I don't think this is the exact one I picked up at TJ Maxx last week, but it's close. I got the jacket for $80, and it originally retailed for $230, so I am pretty proud of myself. :) Jack and I ended up at the Merrimack Premium Outlets yesterday, and they have Columbia outlet but they did not beat the price I got at TJ Maxx. :)
2) The Teva Tonalea boot. I found these at a discount shoe place, and so far have been super happy with them! They keep my feet very warm, and are super fashionable. I plan on spraying them with extra waterproof soon, as I've seen some mixed reviews on if they're actually waterproof or not.
3) Hot apple cider yesssss. I have seen a bunch of recipes for hot apple cider (some with rum!) that I want to try, as well as a plain ol' Starbucks Carmel Apple Spice. I'm pretty sure all of these will get me nostalgic for the coffee shop on Main St. at Disneyland.
4) I haven't gotten into the hot chocolate yet, just tea. I found this Genmaicha at the grocery store the other day and am in love with. The toasted brown rice makes it a bit more earthy so I still feel a bit of autumn.
5) This Winter Spice Cookie recipe looks delicious! I am normally attracted to everything with spice in the name or description, so I am going to be all over this once Jack and I get around to making it! Right now we have a long list of recipes we both want to try.
My first winter will probably be a little tough! But if I can stay warm and have delicious things I think I'll be okay. :)
twitter ❤ instagram ❤ pinterest