Up to date sunday #3


Yesterday we went and took down a tree on a friends property, it was pretty neat! It was super loud, the ground shook, and the tree broke apart when it landed. I tried to get video but ran out of space on my phone a few seconds before it came down. Then Jack and I went to Wal-Mart and bought Christmas Candy. :)

current song: Genesis, by Grimes. 

current thoughts: Last night I realized I haven't been reading as much lately. By lately I mean at all. Growing up I got a new book every week, and I'm really sad I lost that sometimes. I found a few books I want to start on today. First I need to finish The Fault in our Stars by John Green, and then I think I'll move on to The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steven Chobsky because I missed the boat on that one. My favorite genres are young adult and fantasy novels. And possibly new adult now that it's a thing.

current plan: Get out of bed! Charge my kindle, drink some green tea, get caught up on tv and start researching the companies I will be interviewing for.

current quote:
The problem, often not discovered until late in life, is that when you look for things like love, meaning, motivation, it implies they are sitting behind a tree or under a rock. The most successful people recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation.
For me, I am driven by two main philosophies, know more today about the world than I knew yesterday. And along the way, lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
 -Neil deGrasse Tyson in an AMA on reddit.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and a great saturday!

10 comments:

  1. Yep! I've been looking up more on it, and I think it's been 'created' because all the people who grew up still reading YA can be marketed to all over again haha! I like this article from Yahoo!.
    ❤stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "new adult" thing is very interesting.
    I've been meaning to read more too :( I can hardly find the time these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I put some books on my kindle, I think I'll just try and keep it with my laptop or in my purse so I'll be able to reach for something other than my phone.
      ❤steph

      Delete
  3. I have all of John Greens books! So far I have read Paper Towns, and I'm currently reading Looking for Alaska! I adore the Vlog Brothers...they're such inspiring men. Do you watch John and Hank Green's videos? I also have The Perks of Being A Wallflower to read as well after seeing the film and it absolutely blowing me away! It is so hard hitting. I was sat in silence for about an hour afterwards, so I can't wait to read the book too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished The Fault in our Stars today and really enjoyed it! I am going to read the Percy Jackson books before I go back to John Green, but I think Looking for Alaska will be my next one, I think I'll really like. I haven't seen their videos!
      I haven't seen the POBAW movie, but I've heard so many good things I need to read it! Someone said they wish they'd had it to read in high school and it would've helped them a lot, and I feel like I may get the same reaction from the story.
      ❤steph

      Delete
  4. Found you from Hellocotton! And I can totally relate to the lack of reading. Reading is one of my favorite things - perhaps why I adore reading blogs. But I read so much more when I was younger, now I am lucky to read 5 books a year, and most of that happens in the summer between semesters. Sigh. I can completely relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Last year I trudged through 6 books or so, this year I think it's been about the same. I feel bad, because at the beginning I was very 'I will read 52 book this year'! Right now I am 29 behind! I am going to try to make it more accessible to me so getting my kindle out doesn't immediately get filed into the 'chore' bucket of my brain.
      ❤steph

      Delete
  5. Hey girl! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank you so much!! I will check out the post super soon. :)
      ❤steph

      Delete