up to date sunday #2

current picture:
Trees behind our apartment. 

current song: Taylor Swift - I Knew You Were Trouble. Still don't like Red as much as Speak Now, but love this song.

current workout: I am obsessed with Les Mills Body Combat. At my friday class, some high school girls showed up and stayed in the back half doing the moves. My brain apparently decided there was a competition happening? I worked harder in that class than ever before, it was super satisfying. Still keeping up with my yoga/gen exercise so I'm pretty happy.

current feelings: This was the first week I was really hit by homesickness. I miss my mom a lot- she is my best friend, and we would always do things together. Jack is always motivating me to be and do as much as I can, but having my mom with me for the past few months is probably going to be something I cherish and remember forever. Even if I get all teary remembering us in my room with the dog and the last day I was home, or my parents dropping me off at the airport (this gets me a bit more than teary, tbh.) I found a quote from Jodi Picoult earlier which did not help my emotional roller coaster-
“Maybe you had to leave in order to really miss a place; maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was.” 

current plan: I have 2 interviews for next week! I am also going to work on getting the apartment more ordered and structured, and try to work on my photography.  And journaling, I did a bit of journaling this week and really enjoyed it. Hopefully I keep it up, I found it very therapeutic.


❤stephanie

10 comments:

  1. wow that is a stunning picture!

    good luck for your interviewss

    hope you'll visit back!
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you! I'm already preparing for the interviews haha.
      I will check our your blog. :)
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  2. that photograph is so stunning. i wish that was behind my apartment! yeesh! good luck with interviews & i hope you fall out of the homesickness funk soon…i was going through that this week too and it's made me feel pretty lethargic. never ever fun to feel that way. : /

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it's cloudy out today, so the sun yesterday was wonderful to see.
      I get really lethargic, so I keep trying to set up routines for myself so I feel obligated to do something and get out of my funk. I hope you feel better. :)
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  3. Aw, I'm sure you'll get used to it there! I'm actually moving out next month, so I'll have some adjusting to do as well;)

    Good luck with the job interviews!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doing pretty well. :) It's my first time being away from home and with the Holiday's coming up it got a bit harder since I'm across the country from my family. But! Positive thinking! it will get better! :)
      Good luck with your move! I really enjoy being more on my own and having a new place to work with has been so exciting.
      Thank you! :)
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  4. good luck with the interviews! that photo is utterly gorgeous, I hope to live somewhere like that at some point <3

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! I've always wanted to live in a place like new england, getting to move here from california has been a huge and welcomed change. :)
      ❤stephanie

      Delete
  5. That photo is so pretty! Isn't the East Coast amazing? I just read through a lot of your blog and I am definitely impressed. I have always wanted to live in New England as well, I talk about it all the time. And I'm like....5-6 hours away! I can't believe I haven't done it yet when you have been able to move from California!
    Just incredible. Congratulations on your bravery and your lovely blog :) So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have fallen so in love with the East Coast, the people, the living and shopping areas, the way things are laid out... It's fantastic. I've always been more than a little in love with the East Coast because of all the history, and just... nature everywhere feeling.
      I am so lucky to have been able to move when I did! I hope you are able to come to New England soon too! (Also, NH is the best, yay no sales or income tax!)
      I love your blog! And it is nice to meet you too :)
      ❤stephanie

      Delete